Sunday, June 1, 2008

MY BIKE IS FIXED!!!

I had the sweetest ride today in the lovely weather, shifting all the way up then all the way down and then doing it again. And then again. I touched my shifter and it changed gear smoothly and quickly. So awesome. It didn't skip between gears, it didn't refuse to consider the next cog, it didn't shift all on its own. It did what I asked immediately. So easy to take that for granted.

Turns out my cable housing was cracked and also loose on one end. Which I knew, but didn't know it was the problem. It was overlooked while every other part was switched out. But now it's fixed and I'm ecstatic.

The track clinic on Saturday went well. I was a bit tense my first time on a fixed gear, but doing a miss and out race and a couple team pursuits really helped me relax. And I came in second in the miss and out! Have to remember not to stop pedalling when I throw at the line. I'm now shopping for a track bike. I'm interested in the Jamis Sonik, but Jamis didn't anticipate the demand and they're hard to come by. Yojimbo's has two frames my size in stock, one of them a gorgeous sky blue Colnago that I find myself stroking lovingly every time I go by. Too bad it doesn't fit my wallet.

5 comments:

Jeff and Debi said...

For God's sake, buy that Colnago so I can stare at it when we're at the track. That bike is soooooo sweet...

Tamara Fraser said...

I will if you give me $1000 - which won't even cover the cost of the frame and fork.

brianfmorrissey said...

I swear to god this sport is worse than a coke addiction.

Tamara Fraser said...

Yeah, Jackie got real quiet when I told her I was shopping for another bike.

Jeff and Debi said...

Yea, I didn't even ask Marcus what it cost. It would fit me, too. I knew better...