Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I'm tired today. Really tired and sluggish. My legs felt like clay on the bike this morning and I ended up cutting my workout short and shutting my eyes for 20 minutes before starting work. Which is usually rejuvenating, but I continue to feel more and more exhausted. I wonder if I'm sick.

Spring Prairie is on Sunday and it's one of my target races. I want to feel really good and energetic that day. What should I do now to help me get there? Maybe I can go home early today and take a long nap.

I'm hoping to be able to get to the track tomorrow evening to race for the first time. I'll see how I feel, I guess.

----

Sprint practice last night was really helpful. Shane analyzed my form and gave me some exercises and intervals to do to help me improve. I really need this. There's no reason I can't become a decent sprinter. Its not natural to me, but with some work I can start to get the spin and the explosion of power. Heh, everything is "with some work." Good thing I enjoy it.

Hi Eve!

1 comment:

Jeff and Debi said...

Well, since you asked, here's what my coach has me do before a race.

Friday - rest day

Saturday - 1.5 hours endurance, with three 2:00 sprints at 100% effort, 5 minutes rest between each effort. That's it, no more.

Sunday - Race

If you are really tired, and SP is a target, you may want to do a recovery ride on Thursday instead of the track.