Friday, June 27, 2008

I'm having a hungry day. I'm sitting here at my desk, stomach rumbling, trying to decide if I actually need something to eat or if I should tough it out until lunch. I had a larger breakfast than usual for a rest day already. Hmmm. I might start gnawing on the tape dispenser.

My quads are a bit sore today. I was on the lakefront for my endurance ride yesterday and ended up 'having to' ride a fuzzy legged guy with aero bars off my wheel. I didn't mind that he passed me the first time . . . but then he just dangled 30 meters in front of me. Uhm, no. Don't speed way up just to pass me when you can't maintain it. And then try to do it again. Chasing the rabbit is irresistible. And pedalling away from the panting and exhausted rabbit is shamefully satisfying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn you, fit club riders on the lake front!
i was supposed to be just out spinning, and you made me ride tempo and blow up again. shame.
:(

i kid, i kid. you have a good point, but it's irresistible regardless.

brianfmorrissey said...

hee hee. The worst is when they pass you and then fade immediately on the "hill."

Come on.