Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Well, my shifting is acting up again. So frustrating! It was working fine for a couple weeks, and now its two down, one up to get where I want to be. AGAIN. This has been going on for months. Pretty much everything has been replaced, including the deraileur, the cables, the cable housings, the chain . . . what is the problem!? I had no problem with the shifting for the first year, why can't it work now?

The only thing I can think of is that changing out wheels and cassettes for racing is doing something to the calibration. I didn't do that last year. Hmmm.

----

Last night we were watching Liege-Bastogne-Liege -- we need to get all the cycling off the DVR before le Tour starts taking up room. I forget how much I adore the one day races, they are SO exciting. L-B-L ends with Andy and Frank Schleck, Valverde and Rebellin in a four man breakaway. Andy attacks and Rebellin [what a monster!] reels him in solidly, and of course the instant they catch him, Frank attacks. Phil refers to this as "the old ding-dong." How much do you love that!

No comments: