Thursday, June 5, 2008

Gave up on my workout this morning after 20 minutes. I don't know what's wrong with me -- I feel weak and shaky, hot like I have a fever, and like I could easily black out. I even let some guy on a comfort bike with a backpack ride by me. I chased half-heartedly, but I just didn't have the drive. THAT is really freaking me out. But I'm just so weary. The weariness doesn't pass like the rest. It just gets worse all day long. Yesterday I took a 2 hour nap after work, only waking up when the phone rang.

I'm worried about Spring Prairie on Sunday. I've been looking forward to this race all year.

2 comments:

Jeff and Debi said...

You are not going to get any stronger by riding in the next few days. Your strength and endurance was established months ago.

You will, however, get stronger by resting and recovering.

Talk to Randy.

Anonymous said...

Rest up. Going to Deluth was a lot of work and remember it isn't really racing that fatigues you but traveling, making arrangements and stress of being away from home definitely take their toll.

Do some active rest and do a handful of little sprints on friday and leave it at that--work it into your commute.