Tuesday, January 15, 2008

You know, I rode 8 hours this weekend -- a number of those hours were hard riding -- and my legs felt great. Two hours on the trainer this morning and my knees are a mess.

I guess its probably partially positioning -- I can't sit up for 10 minutes at a time riding on the road, and sitting up changes the geometry of my knee and pedal -- and partially the relentlessness of the trainer. No changes in terrain, no inclines or declines, no variation in pedal stroke. Just around and around and around. God, the trainer is so boring.

As its supposed to be NINE degrees on Saturday, I'll be stuck on the trainer. But I'll get to sleep in. I haven't done that in weeks. And I'll have a chance to get more comfortable on the rollers. At least its a rest week for me, so I won't be putting in tons of time. Two hours on Saturday, and only an hour on Sunday. Rest weeks are like Bizzarro world.

3 comments:

Jeff and Debi said...

I highly recommend getting A-Line insoles (http://www.aline.com). I have them and they have really helped my knees and tight IT band issues. You can get them at the Get-a-Grip show downtown on Fulton. $50, and includes the fitting (using a pretty cool laser adjustment table).

brianfmorrissey said...

Two words. Foam roll.

Tamara Fraser said...

Oh, I'm working the foam roller.