Friday, January 25, 2008

Gigi and I were talking about our goals for the season the other night, and they are similar --- we are both looking to cat up, we're both looking to place well and win. We have different emphasis --- she on track, me on road, both on crits --- but otherwise we're really in synch.

I listen to her talk about it and I feel like it's totally doable. I have confidence that she will podium and accumulate the points to cat up. Her drive and determination are palpable.

So why do I feel so insecure about meeting my own goals? I work hard and am very motivated. Why do I have such a hard time believing in my own abilities?

But I won't let my internal debate stop me from attacking the pack at Hillsboro. I would really like to get in a strong breakaway. Ideally with Jeanette, but one or two racers from other teams could work out too. If I get my climbing legs at camp, this could work out well for me. And if it doesn't, well, ATTEMPTING it is valuable in itself.

No comments: