Saturday, January 19, 2008

It's -7 degrees out there --- and that's ambient air temperature, the wind chill is something like -25. Needless to say, I rode my bike indoors this morning. I spent two hours on the trainer watching "Missing" with Sissy Spacek and Jack Lemon on cable. Good movie that I'd probably have never watched otherwise. Made the time go faster. Tomorrow I only have one hour --- last day of my rest week. If I have to be indoors, at least I don't have to grind out 3 hours a day. Hopefully it'll be warm enough to ride outdoors next weekend.

My weight loss is going well. I'm down 7 pounds since New Years and feeling really healthy and energetic. I'm on track to be at or close to my race weight by camp. And I always end up losing a couple pounds at camp. Its hard to eat as much as you burn riding 5 or 6 hours a day, keeping up with the fast guys as long as possible. I can't wait for camp! I dreamt about it the other morning: we'd just finished a long ride and I was lying on my back with my legs up on the porch furniture with a bunch of the guys, waiting for recovery sandwiches. It was warm in the sun, but with a slight chill in the air --- low 60s, maybe. I was wearing my xXx winter kit knickers and confirming with the sandwich maker that I did indeed need a vegan sandwich. Hummus was involved. Then our coach came and sat down with us and we passed him the pretzels and he started talking about the ride . . . I rarely remember my dreams, but this one was excellent.

No comments: