Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year, new training schedule. I've begun one-legged drills and spin drills on the trainer. It feels great to do something that really jacks up my heartrate.

I really suck at the spin drills. Basically, the workout is broken up into 5 minute intervals --- every 5 minutes you increase your cadence. 90 rpms, 100 rpms, 105 rpms, 110, 115, 120, and then back down. However, holding my cadence at 115 rpms per minute for 5 minutes . . . I'm not very good at that. My trainer isn't easy to pedal, so in my easiest gear, 115 rpms shoots my HR up to 90% and beyond. Which is difficult to maintain [and exceed] for 25 minutes or so. Especially as I've been supposed to keep my HR under 80% for the past 3 months.

But I gave it my all this morning. This will help my sprinting, my endurance, my speed and my overall fitness.

No comments: