Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I switched to Jackie's trainer for spin drills this morning and what a difference! I'm not a weakling, my trainer is broken. I was able to spin 125 rpms for 5 minutes and keep my HR under 80% --- instead of hitting 95% while trying [and failing] to maintain 115 rpms. So that's good.

I've been adding in some cross-training hours every week. Mostly endurance on the elliptical [I'd run, but my hips and knees won't allow it], but it would be fun to do some cardio kickboxing classes too. They're such a blast.

----

Hey, all of you who enjoy music, check out DJ Potpie's best of 2007 lists [link below]. I especially recommend Chromeo, Hot Chip and of course DJ Bobo's insane "Vampires Are Alive." It's impossible to not sing along.

----

While I want to avoid talking politics on this blog, I have to say that I'm constantly infuriated by the media's treatment of Hillary Clinton. They exploit every negative stereotype about women: she "manufactures" situations [she's a conniving bitch]; she's a "walking computer" [she's frigid!]; she's in a "panic" [she's an hysterical woman!]; she's "on the edge" [she's a woman on the edge of a nervous breakdown!]. It's such bullshit and frankly, though I've never been a fan of Hillary, it makes me WANT to vote for her just to stick it to them [although when it comes down to it, I intend to make a considered rather than reactionary choice]. Everyone is scrambling to explain her win in New Hampshire, and no one is considering this aspect -- I can't be the only registered voter who feels this way. It's not even subtle.

I'm really just hoping Kucinich is still in it for the Illinois Primary. He's vegan, you know. And Viggo Mortenson is campaigning for him. SOLD!

Apparently I'm not the only person who feels this way: http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2008/01/09/hillary_nh/

No comments: