Saturday, January 12, 2008

Team ride today. Weather was great --- 30+ degrees and dry. I rode "long", i.e. when we got to Highland Park, I went with the group doing an extra 25 miles [for 75 total]. I really need to build my mileage if I want to compete in the longer road races. And I DO want to compete.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I completely died on a couple hills. Just maxed my HR and couldn't turn the pedals fast enough. I flat out died. This wasn't happening 2 months ago, I guess being sick twice & gaining some weight has taken its toll. The ride was difficult for most everyone, but no one else fell off the back. No one else needed help catching back up to the pack. It's . . . humiliating. Especially as the only woman on that part of the ride. But I'm going to do it again next week and the week after and the week after and I will get stronger.

I want to be one of the ones on the front making it hurt.

No comments: