Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Another warm weekend in Chicago! Despite the filth, it's great to ride outdoors. I cleaned my bike 3 times in 3 days, but it was worth it.

My racing team's Women's Development Program had our annual open house on Sunday. It was fun and interesting to meet my potential new teammates. Saw a couple of them at the monthly team meeting last night -- a marathon of pro deals, uniform ordering, camp details, coaching tips, exhortations to represent appropriately, and even a race report. Our membership director was busy all evening signing up new members. I'll miss some people who've moved on to other teams, but look forward to getting to know all the new racers.

So I'm ordering my new kit for '08 -- a couple jerseys and a couple bib shorts. I want to get a skin suit for time trialing [one of my goals this season is to complete a stage race, so I have to work on my time trialing]. The question is this: long sleeved or short sleeved? Hmm.

I'm feeling renewed enthusiasm for my training. I'm really throwing myself into it and enjoying it. However, something isn't right with my trainer: other people say the spin drills are easy, but my trainer has so much resistance even in my easiest gear that it's crazy hard for me to pedal 115 rpms for any length of time. And as my coach wants me to pedal 125 rpms for 5 minutes . . . well, I'll have to figure something out. I don't want my workouts to be too easy, but if I'm maxing my HR that's not good either.

2 comments: