Thursday, August 7, 2008

My coach informed me on Monday that he wants me to race the 500 m pursuit and the 2K pursuit this Saturday at the State Track championships. He said that I should just use my clip-on aerobars on my track bike.

So,I bought a set of clip-on aerobars yesterday. This will be my first experience using them and my first time pursuiting. At the State Championships. Yes, I'm a little nervous about it.

Right now they're on my road bike -- I figured I could practice a little during active recovery tomorrow. And I hate them. I hate the way they look on my bike. I hate that I will be one of the multitude of aerobar-sporting Freds that populate the lakefront. I hate them an irrational amount. Especially as I really need them for the TT part of stage races.

Ugh.

3 comments:

Jeff and Debi said...

Is that Kenosha?

Unknown said...

We know you're not a Fredina.

When they want to race (as they always do) you can start an interval set.

It really confuses them.

PK said...

your continued contempt for all recreational riders is refreshingly open-minded...
poast less tbh.