Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Greta's in town for a few days and I've had the pleasure of training with her a couple times. Girl is STRONG. But of course she is, she's headed to the paralympics at the end of the month. It's a very nice change to let her tow me up and down the lakefront.

Regarding not doing so well in the women's open field -- I'm willing to suck. Its not an easy thing, to do something you aren't good at when you're really not good at it. A lot of people are good at bike racing right away, and sometimes I envy that -- I could have an avocation that I excel in immediately . . . but despite feeling like a total loser sometimes, I want this challenge. Every gain I've made on the bike, I've worked for. And it feels great to accomplish a thing this hard. So, I'm willing to suck at bike racing right now.

No comments: