Thursday, July 24, 2008

Today is not a good day. Maybe because my bike is in the shop so I didn't ride this morning and loosen everything up. But today I really feel like I hit the pavement at 20-odd mph.

My neck muscles started to ache yesterday, which quickly grew into a monster headache. Thank god for valium. I feel just exhausted and battered and a little sick to my stomach. I want nothing more than to go home and lie on my couch in the dark eating pudding and complaining about how sick I am of eating pudding.

And I'm not even really hurt -- people who've broken bones or separated shoulders or lost vast swathes of skin . . . I can't even imagine how craptastic they must feel. Heh, I guess self-pity is part of the healing process. I hope it passes as quickly as the scuffs on my upper lip did.

On the bright side I had an amazing peach smoothie last night.

No comments: