Monday, July 7, 2008

OK, who is this Craig Hummer person? What happened to Al Trautwig?

Has anyone else noticed Phil lisping through the spanish names? Its "Maurithio" and "Alethandro" this year.

The guy who sings the "I want to get myself straight . . ." folk song should have insisted on being paid per airing. I think it's great that Versus is acknowledging the problems, but its been two days and I already want to drive an awl through my eardrums.

While its not environmentally friendly, I liked the 'born from jets' ad way better than Saab's take on the HeadOn commercial.

Despite Pants' smug voiceover, I love the 70+ year-old triathlete in the Nike commercial. However, I'm beginning to hate the guy -- and his dad -- who finished. Or maybe I'm hating Morgan Freeman? I'll see it 50 more times this evening and let you know.

Have to say, this has been the most exciting TdeF in recent memory. Both finishes have been non-stop action -- more like a Spring Classic. The decision to eliminate the prologue and the time bonuses was brilliant. And with no clear favorite to win [I mean, what will Valverde's form be in two weeks?], everyone is going for it. FUN.

1 comment:

brianfmorrissey said...

I am super pissed that new Lincoln ads have been using Crystal Method's "High Roller"...I put "Trip Like I Do" in a video piece I once did for Bike to Work Week recruitment and I feel violated...

But yes the tour is fantastic already this year...and I'd be watching it dope-free or not...the tour is dead. Viva la Tour!