Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I was on a rest week last week so I missed the official Fitness Check Time Trial #3. So coach put it on my schedule for today -- I always prefer to do it on the day everyone else does, facing the same wind and weather, so I can truly compare my time with my teammates, but as I'm really comparing myself now against myself six weeks ago (and six weeks before that), it doesn't really matter.

There was a head/crosswind riding south today and a tail/crosswind riding north, but no motor vehicles or anything to slow me down. I finally have my powertap back, and being able to monitor my HR, speed and power output all at once really helped -- instead of simply trying to keep a steady HR, I could decide that I could push a little harder to go a little faster. I met my goal of beating 27 minutes: 26:45 -- 34 seconds faster than last time! Yay.

No comments: