Monday, July 14, 2008

Good for Christian Vandevelde! Homeboy is really doing awesome in le tour. I wasn't surprised to see Valverde lose time and I wasn't surprised to see "Cuddles" Evans do well despite feeling like absolute crap after yesterday's crash. [On a side note, he punched a cop the other day! Who knew he had that much personality?] The race is so much fun this year!

And best cyclist nickname ever? Spartacus Cancelara. Hee.

For myself, I'm girding my loins for my first P-1-2-3 race. I was planning to do it in the Evanston Crit on Sunday -- and I still might -- but I've just realized that the Chicago Crit doesn't have a 3/4 field, just 4s and P-1-2-3. I'm on a rest week this week, so I won't be very snappy on Sunday . . . hmmmm. Do I want to experience the BK Stacker with the pros or the beginners? How many miles IS 50k anyway? You know you're getting yourself into something serious when all the other races are listed in miles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

50k=31miles

Go for it. I did the Open at Downers Grove and swung around the back of the pack for 2 laps. It was better than I had hoped.

While I did not have the engines to sustain it--it was by far my best riding experience...all 5 minutes.

The best was when I pulled out and Coach said--what are you doing? you hadn't been dropped. Who knows? Maybe it would have slowed down. Actually, I do know it did not slow down and I would have been toast.

Eve