Thursday, April 2, 2009

Perhaps I'm just tired, but I feel slow. Early season [lack of] fitness is a drag. Intervals are excruciating. My body has completely forgotten how to sprint.

I AM tired.

Heading to Hillsboro to race on Saturday. Really looking forward to this race, one of my favorite courses. I screwed up my chance at a brick last year by dropping my chain after the penultimate hill. This year, NO chance for a brick -- the women's open very well may chew me up and spit me out the back of the pack. It will be painful, but the good kind of pain. I will enjoy it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You'll do well! Just try to stay out of the wind, and choose a few good wheels to follow. I like to sag climb- start the climb at/near the front then crest towards the back- because I'm not so fast uphill.
I wish I was racing with you. Good luck!

Tamara Fraser said...

I wish you were racing with me too!

Eve said...

Good luck Tamara. Race smart--this is a very long race.