Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I've been feeling slow lately.

Today was the first of four Fitness Check Time Trials that coach holds every six weeks. And its official: I AM slow.

Sprint clinic last night was good -- not the horrible trauma its been the past few years. My body simply wasn't designed to sprint, and it forgets how so completely. But I picked it up again much more easily this year. AND I even beat someone in one of the seven sprints! That never happens. Lots of practice will make me an effective lead out or sweeper again.

Recovering from my big effort this morning feels good. Must ride harder more often.

5 comments:

brianfmorrissey said...

How slow could you be? Everyone was slow today, that cross wind was brutal.

Rode to work after too. I have 50 miles in and then I plan on buying Nate Iden a post-Turin donut and high life for his birthday. My sensible side says, "no!" but when else am I going to get 90 miles on a Wednesday outside of camp? Trying to make these next two weeks as hard as possible...I leave for Asheville a week from today, and then a rest week when I get back, then BANG - Baraboo.

Tamara Fraser said...

I'm envious of Asheville! I wish I could go, but two camps are not in the cards this year.

I have Friday off -- going to get some mileage in!

Michelle said...

Hey Tamara! Just wanted to wish you luck this season. I'm sad we won't be racing together much! Hope to get up to Northbrook at least once, but no solid plans for now. Hope you're well!

Tamara Fraser said...

Thanks! You gonna race cross this year?

Eve said...

This is a really hard week with the meeting on Monday, the sprint on Tuesday and the TT on Wednesday. In 2006, my time was a full minute slower than I had thought it would be at this first FCTT and I was frustrated, but isn't the early season full of those experiences?