Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Lost another screw from my eggbeater cleats this morning -- left foot this time. I'm trying to unclip as I approach a red light and the foot won't come out. I was very proud of myself for not simply falling over, as I have in the past [even when my pedals aren't malfunctioning], but pulling up to a wall and leaning against it whilst I got myself sorted. Managed to get the shoe out and rode the rest of the way unclipped. Even did some one-legged drills down the lakefront path. Heh.

Despite the issues, I really like the eggbeaters. Now that they're broken in and I'm used to them, they're excellent. Many thanks to my teammate who passed them on to me at a crazy discount.

5 comments:

Jeff and Debi said...

You're welcome.

Did you put some grease on the screws before screwing them in? I always do and never have problems with them coming out. You might try that.

Tamara Fraser said...

Thanks -- I will! Have to go get a replacement screw before riding home today.

allenpg said...

Blue Loctite also works well.

Unknown said...

do your shoes have a "top plate" you can install underneath the insole? that might help out too...

Tamara Fraser said...

They DO have the little metal plate inside the shoe, under the insole -- not sure how the screws are coming out. I'm going to start checking them periodically.