Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Here's the question: Why aren't I independently wealthy? Yesterday was Rosh Hashanah and I had it off. It was SUCH a nice, relaxing day. I slept in, I had a great training ride, read my book, did some chores around the house, ran some errands . . . it was just *nice.* [Thank you, Jews.] I keep trying to figure out a way to make every day like Rosh Hashanah.

A nice guy on a fixie rode my wheel for a while on the Lakefront Path. When we hit the light at Navy Pier, he asked me if my name was 'Debbie.' As in 'Debbie Dust!' I was pretty thrilled to be mistaken for her, even by a Fred.

AND I got rid of that horrible temporary filling that was rapidly deteriorating. My gold overlay is fantastic -- it feels so smooth. MY other fillings are fine, but this one is luxurious. Which is probably why it was so incredibly expensive. But now my corpse is worth more $$$. Heh.

In addition to the gold overlay, I got the mouth guard I'm supposed to wear at night to keep from grinding my teeth together and destroying them. Last night, I kept dreaming that I was sitting down to a meal and had to take the thing out in order to dig into my burger and fries [or the felafel sub from Subway!]. I actually woke myself up taking it out. This is going to take some getting used to.

Coach says no race this weekend. I'm bummed, I was looking forward to racing cross again. But he doesn't want me to get burned out. And neither do I.

No comments: