Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I heard last night that I placed well enough in the overall standings of cat 4 women at the Northbrook Track to win some money. Which is just crazy -- I SUCK at track. I only raced three nights and I don't think I placed higher than third in any race -- and at least one night that was because there were only three women racing.

Which basically means that not enough women race track right now.

I went to the Northbrook Velodrome site to see exactly where I placed . . . and the results haven't been updated since June. So, really, I have no idea what the deal is.

----

I started strength training yesterday -- and I really enjoyed getting back into it. My entire body would like to take this opportunity to say "OW! Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow!!!"

4 comments:

Jeff and Debi said...

They have been submitting some of track results to USA Cycling, so check your personal acct there. It's not been consistent, though.

Tamara Fraser said...

Thanks, Jeff -- a couple races are listed there. But no clue to what Randy was talking about last night.

Jeff and Debi said...

If you have money from the track, perhaps from a prime, they hold it for you (check with Manfred).

Tamara Fraser said...

I don't know Manfred. The rankings is what Randy was talking about [http://www.northbrookvelodrome.org/results] I think.