Thursday, September 11, 2008

What is the deal with all the negativity out there? I've been screamed at twice in two days -- once by a driver who almost hit me [by wanting to turn right, without signalling, when I was right next to him] and once by another cyclist when I said "on your left." And I've heard people screaming at each other on the path a couple times. Is it the weather? Is something in the water? Is the moon in an inauspicious position? Is everyone disconsolate over Sarah Palin?

And Lance is coming back. Which doesn't surprise me -- like Michael Jordan and Brett Favre, Lance is the kind of guy who can't stay retired. A friend of mine opined how classy it would be if Lance didn't pursue another tour de france title, instead sacrificing himself for Contador [or Levi. Remember Levi? Anybody?], and setting his own goals on other races. And yeah, that would be awesome. I would totally respect and enjoy watching that guy. But that guy isn't Lance. He can't NOT be the star.

4 comments:

brianfmorrissey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brianfmorrissey said...

Ummmmmmm...everyone's pissed...Lance is back...do the math.

Anonymous said...

That would be "Brett Favre" -- your love for all things football is showing!

Tamara Fraser said...

Heh, yeah, I'm actually surprised I even know who he is. Only because Miss Alli formerly of TWOP had a bit of a rant about him on her blog: http://thingswhatthings.com/?p=192