Wednesday, September 17, 2008

O my god, I am going to suck at cyclocross. I'm comically bad at mounting and I still haven't managed a dismount where my left foot actually comes out of the cleat. That is, if I can FIND the cleat. Eggbeaters are very different than Keos.

Coach says the Belgians invented cross *because* its way harder to ride through grass and mud and sand. And damn, it sure is. I'm an idiot.

How much should I be riding my cross bike? All the time? Or should I mix in some road riding?

Confidential to the guy who tried to run me off the path as I passed him this morning: I'm faster than you. Deal with it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my head, cross is easier than road racing because if you crash, you at least crash on dirt or grass and you're less likely to take others down with you. I'm not at all brave enough for road racing!

See you out there!

-Carolyn

Unknown said...

I'm just planning to fall over a lot and have fun!

Jeff and Debi said...

I too race cross for fun. Isn't that what it's all about?

Erik, please don't fall on me.

Tamara Fraser said...

Coach had some high expectations -- which I hope he's set aside after seeing me at practice. :)