Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dentist appointment today -- my fifth or sixth since crashing onto my jaw. I went in to deal with a cracked tooth, but as I was having a lot of pain in another tooth and was having a weird thing going on with my gums way back in there, they took some more x-rays and thought my wisdom tooth was finally coming in -- sideways. Likely that the proteins sent in to heal my jaw caused the tooth to express itself.

So he decided to pull it right then and there. And, you know, better to get it over with. I cranked up my iPod and stared at the ceiling . . . and it came out very easily. Turns out it wasn't the wisdom tooth, which was firmly entrenched in my jawbone, but a vestigal molar. Guess I'm not so highly evolved.


GROSS!

So now I have a mouthful of gauze [a scalpel was involved] and that crazy numbness over half my face. As its wearing off, I've decided that painkillers are definitely on the agenda.

I'm thinking cream of wheat for lunch. Maybe some chocolate soy milk on the side. Mmmmm . . . soft food.

---

Still laughably awful at cyclocross. But its super fun and a huge challenge. I'm having a bit of a problem getting into and out of the eggbeaters, but I hope they'll loosen up/I'll get used to them. After charging around and around the park, through the trees and muddy bits and over barriers and up hills . . . its so nice to get back on the pavement -- even on my half-inflated knobbies -- and remember that I DO know how to ride a bike.

No comments: