Friday, September 5, 2008

Had the deck torn off my front porch yesterday. I knew there was a colony of carpenter ants -- I'd called an exterminator and they guy told me to put down poison, which he sold me. He poo-pooed any on-site examination or that they might be in the house.

Three weeks later, ant colony still large and active and when the workmen destroyed the nest, they all march down the support beam and disappeared into the house.

I called the exterminator back. He told me to put down more of the poison and again poo-pooed any suggestion that they might be in my house doing damage. WTF! I did what I should have done in the first place and called another exterminator [got both their names off Angie's list]. This place immediately suggested a perimeter check and a top to bottom examination of the house for infestation. I'm furious.

---

Team time trial is Sunday. I'm sorta excited about it and also sort of not. I'm feeling out of shape. My team seems pretty gung-ho and some are proposing extremely ambitious goals. Well, I'm always willing to suffer.

No comments: