Thursday, March 27, 2008

I've been HUNGRY the last few days. Eat through my desk hungry. I'm trying to decide if it's because I actually need to eat more to fuel myself appropriately -- I DO work out a bit, you know -- or if I just need to suck it up and suffer. The real problem is most likely that at camp I was eating to fuel an 8 hour day of hard riding, and my stomach just got used to that amount of food.

I have been making a point to eat more on the bike and right after. Although yesterday I ended up with a headache before lunch that had "low blood sugar" written all over it, despite large amounts of oatmeal and clif product. It's so hard to strike the right balance of eating right but not excessively.

I got my power intervals done this morning on the Lakefront before the rain started. Jackie's alarm woke me at 6, and it didn't look very wet out, so I took the chance. I got about 10 minutes of light sleet right at the end -- and if I hadn't inadvertently done an extra interval, I wouldnt've had that [I count good!]. I'd MUCH rather get my training ride in before work than have it hanging over my head all day. Plus, I have a lot to do this evening to get ready for my race on Saturday. I'm driving down to Hillsboro tomorrow afternoon and staying overnight -- its about 4 hours away and I don't want to do that right before a race. A bunch of my teammates are staying in the same hotel, so it's a scene.

Looks like there will be 5 xXx women in my race, and it'll be the first road race for 3 of them. Hillsboro was my first road race two years ago, and it holds a special place in my heart. I'm REALLY looking forward to it.

---

It's snowing right now. That 'control the weather with the force of my will' thing is still not working. Arg. Maybe if I eat more . . .

No comments: