Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I did my power intervals on the Lakefront this morning. It was warmish and sunny, but there was a rather rude gusty wind that kept trying to knock me over. Didn't succeed, but did push me around quite a bit. Mashing a big gear into a stiff headwind maybe isn't exactly what coach had in mind, but it certainly made my ride more challenging.

My rest week seems to have done the trick, I felt strong and fresh today. Getting to bed before 10 pm probably didn't hurt either. I'm pleased that pedalling into the headwind has gotten easier. Other than when it knocked me sideways, I rather enjoyed it.

I'm still having trouble with my rear derailleur. I took my bike in to Mission Bay yesterday because it's doing that annoying thing where you have to downshift twice and up once to go down one. They looked at it and put on a new chain [despite my having gotten one in January], but it was still acting up this morning. I want to get this fixed before my race on Saturday. Back to Mission Bay, I guess. I love it when it's perfect and responsive, a light touch putting me in the gear I want.

1 comment:

brianfmorrissey said...

Thanks for the preview! Just discussing this with Wattie and he thinks the wind is absolutely perfect for this...I'm really looking forward to finally get my pre-rehearsal outdoor rides back in...but, ugh, I was at the Bottle til 1am last night...only 2 light beers tho. Summers on the way!