Thursday, March 6, 2008

Bike racing is all about the suffering. It's easy to forget that in the off-season. But last night's workout was a total suffer-fest. It's never fun when your legs hurt going in. It takes about an hour for the pain to ease off. I had two hours of endurance last night and instead of counting down the minutes -- daunting when you still have 106 minutes to go -- I counted songs on my iPod. Every fifth song, I'd crank the resistance and stand on the pedals. Five songs is generally 15-20 minutes, so I'm focusing on much smaller blocks of time. And irregular blocks, determined by the length of the songs that come up at random. I didn't start counting down until 24 minutes to go -- the home stretch!

--

I have SO MUCH to do before leaving for camp on Saturday morning. I haven't even started packing. I'm not sure how I'm going to fit in two hours of training today AND all the stuff I need to do to get ready. And we're having a baby shower here at work on Friday and I haven't gotten a gift yet. Blarg.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun on your camping trip.

brianfmorrissey said...

Camping trip. Heh. My mom called today and asked if I was taking my bike on my "little trip."

Did my two hours on the trainer. Coach's bike fit really made the difference. It really doesn't get easier...but I did go faster. Lots faster. Man, I am so ready.

Just changed my cassette and adjusted my dérailleur. now packing my precious up. Gonna be a long night.

Tamara Fraser said...

Heh, that comment might have been from MY mom.

I'm changing my tires tonight and packing up MY baby. And trying not to forget anything. Like ordering a cab . . . must order my cab today.