Monday, November 5, 2007



Since I somehow committed to doing a cross race later this month, I've started fixing up my old mountain bike. I took off the rack and the fenders and discovered why the wheel has been rubbing against my brakes. Yikes.

Beyond the wheels falling apart, this bike is embarrassingly filthy. I haven't cleaned it in years. I scrubbed at the chain w/ pedro's and a toothbrush for an hour the other day . . . and it could use another hour. Its up on the workstand and when I walk by, I give it another squirt of degreaser. I'm hoping it will loosen up some of the greasy dirt clots.

This means that I haven't started practising for the cross race. I've watched cyclocross, but I've never even attempted as much as a dismount. My goal for this race is to finish without breaking an ankle.

2 comments:

Gracie B. said...

Good luck with your cycle cross race. It sounds like it could be fun. Or scary. Or both :)

Tamara Fraser said...

Thanks, Gracie! Both, I think. We'll see.