Sunday, November 11, 2007

Rode up to HP and back with Gigi and Emily. Good ride --- it's 10 degrees warmer today than yesterday, and we didn't get rained on. I did flat -- first time since March -- but got it changed without issue.

On the way back through Evanston, we passed a guy on a road bike in a bulky wind coat wearing a camelback [snerk]. A couple minutes later, he passes us. So Gigi, who was leading, just got on his wheel. At which point he slowed down. So when traffic allowed, I cruised passed him with Gigi and Emily on my wheel. And sure enough, a minute later he powers past me. Yes, he's THAT guy. That guy who can't let any woman ride faster than he does.

Which, whatever. But if you're going to pull out your dick and measure it, make sure its big enough. ie. don't kill yourself to get in front of me then slow down because you can't maintain that pace.

If we were on the Lakefront path, I would have ridden that guy off my wheel. But we were in traffic. So I just gave him some tips on how to have a more efficient pedal stroke [which he desperately needs, not that he'll heed] and passed him easily every time he dropped off the pace. If he's going to be that guy, I can at least make him suffer.

No comments: