Friday, November 16, 2007

I'm on a "rest week" this week. My training is periodized so that I don't burn out. And giving your body a short rest from routine makes that routine more effective --- your body doesn't get so complacent and efficient, so you get more strength and endurance out of the workouts.

So I'm riding about 7 hrs instead of my usual 10-12, and I'm doing core strength instead of resistance training. I have two days with absolutely nothing scheduled. All that free time . . . its crazy.

I would LOVE to sleep in on Sunday . . . but I know I'll be awake by 7 a.m. anyway.

----

Last night I went to the opening of Pieter Ombrecht's posthumous photo exhibit. Pieter was on xXx and died from injuries sustained in a bike race crash not long ago. I was completely blown away by his work. Its breathtaking -- complex, geometric, emotional . . . compositionally AND conceptually sophisticated. I can't recommend it strongly enough. Its up through the holidays at The City Gallery in the Historic Water Tower at 806 N. Michigan Avenue [that little castle!]. Go see it.

No comments: