Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Due to my cold and the appalling weather, I did my first indoor training yesterday. Two hours on the stationary bike in the fitness center. Two hours staring my heart rate monitor, keeping my heart rate between 140 and 150 beats per minute. Which pretty much means, keeping it at 149 as long as possible. Yes, I am THAT WAY. Have to always push.

It was easier to stay in my endurance zone indoors as there was no one to chase down or ride off my wheel. Just me and the blinking numbers. So I made up the super fun game of trying to keep my HR at exactly 149 for as long as possible. Its way harder than you realize to keep your HR in one place for longer than 10 seconds. I think my record was about 38 seconds. It made the time pass, anyway.

I also had the excellent playlist that DJ Potpie UK [Jackie] put on my shuffle. Kept me from chewing through my ankles to escape the monotony of the BodyCycle. If you haven't yet downloaded Chromeo's latest album Fancy Footwork, you owe it to yourself. You won't be disappointed.

Its supposed to be cold tomorrow, but I'm hoping it will be dry. I can't take another 2 hours of indoor pedalling.

No comments: