Thursday, November 8, 2007

I watched a half hour of "CSI: NY" last night. Its DISTRACTINGLY bad. Its like the actors were told "You're robots! GO!" And the writers were warned "No more than 2 lines of dialogue per scene, or you're fired. But make sure you get all the exposition in. No, it needs more exposition!" All this show lacks is a beautiful young stripper who takes it all off in the penultimate scene to truly be art.

---

I have to agree with my teammate Jeff --- a merino wool base layer is one the best and most useful items of clothing I own. I got mine from Smartwool [or rather my mom got it for me for xmas a few years ago], and it's attractive enough to wear as a regular shirt . . . which I do when it gets really cold. The only bit of cold weather gear that approaches the merino wool baselayer for fab functionality are my Hytrel socks. I don't know what Hytrel IS, but it sure keeps my feet warm on long winter endurance rides. Especially with wool kneesocks underneath.

No comments: