Tuesday, May 20, 2008



So . . . Sherman Park last year wasn't a fluke. I CAN win races. Plural. I still need to pull all the details together to win a race on a more technical course / with a larger pack / in a bunch sprint. It would be really cool to win a road race.

I've decided to try to stop pressuring myself. To try to let go of some of the anxiety about amassing enough points to cat up by a certain date. I'm just going to race hard and enjoy myself. The rest will come.

Beth C. is coming to Duluth with me for the stage race. Yay. I'm thrilled to not have to spend four days by myself in lovely Duluth, and it will be great to have a teammate in the peleton. I'm feeling stronger this week and I'm hoping to have some real fun in the two road races.

1 comment:

Jeff and Debi said...

Bravo!

Racing for the joy of racing beats the hell out of racing for upgrade points and forgetting why you started racing in the first place.