Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Dilemma: on Saturday, should I stay home and race the Monsters of the Midway criterium with a lot of teammates [a race that will net no USAC upgrade points]; or should I drive three hours to the Denzer Delight road race which if I do well will give me upgrade points, but which has a mile long sustained climb. That I'll have to ride twice.

The Monsters' course isn't interesting. But its a team target race and I'd like to race hard with a plan and with strong teammates. And I wouldn't have to pay for gas and, if I drive up Friday evening, lodging. And I've been out of town for the past two weekends. And I'd probably have to drive to Denzer alone.

The Denzer Delight course sounds super fun. And I prefer road racing to crits. I'm not a natural climber, but I'd love to see what I could do on that course. And upgrade points are harder to come by since USAC changed the rules, so I should take every opportunity.

I can't decide.

4 comments:

Jeff and Debi said...

Which will be more fun for you? Let that decide it, not the hunt for upgrade points (which you'll get at some point this season, so no worries).

Tamara Fraser said...

I love a road race. Especially an interesting one. But I also want to race hard with my teammates.

Jeff and Debi said...

Answer the question...

Tamara Fraser said...

They BOTH have things that would be more fun.