Thursday, February 21, 2008

So, I've been accepted into the Elite Development Program. My team wants to increase and retain amateur elite racers in our ranks, so they've started this program to support our current elite racers and mentor promising racers to develop them into elite racers. Elite being cat 2 and higher.

And I'm in. Which is very exciting and a huge honor and humbling to know that time and resources will be expended on me. But I've realized that I'm not sure exactly what this will entail -- other than the current elites taking time to coach me on the road [get around that guy, he's going to get gapped], and knowing that its a big commitment of time and energy. Nothing specific has been communicated as of yet. I'm sure it WILL be. Just have to wait and see.

I'm starting to get really burned out on the trainer. I'm motivated to do my workouts, its just SUCH a chore to do it indoors and stationary. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that I have the option of training indoors when its so cold out . . . its just the nature of the trainer to suck out your will to pedal. Maybe its my trainer. Maybe I should invest in a CycleOps fluid trainer. I hear the fluid trainers are worlds different from the magnetic trainers.

Speaking of CycleOps, I got my powertap yesterday! Just a week after I ordered it. I was expecting at least 4 weeks [as warned by the rep and on the web site]. But it's HERE. I have ample time to get it installed and learn how to use it before camp. Yay.

Only 16 days until training camp!

2 comments:

Jeff and Debi said...

Congrats on making the squad, Tamara.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Tamara! So do you have to change your blog to exceptional girl racer?