Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I don't know what's wrong with me today. I feel like I'm hungover . . . except I haven't had any liquor. Somehow I doubt that I got drunk on lettuce or soup. Maybe it's Clif product that's to blame.

I didn't get up for my workout this morning. The alarm went off at 4:30 am . . . and I reset it for 5:30 am. And then turned it off and slept until 6:30. I went to bed at 9pm, so I should've been OK. But I just felt awful.

So now I still have 2 hours on the bike today. I'm on a rest week [thank god!] so no drills or anything fancy. Just 2 hours of endurance. I hate having it hang over my head. This is why I like doing it before work.

In better news, I just ordered a power tap! My team is getting a nice discount from a great company -- I couldn't pass it up. I can't wait to start training with power.

Not that I'd be charting very high today. I wish I could take a nap.

4 comments:

Jeff and Debi said...

Oh yea, power... Now you're cooking with gas!

Spend another $100 and buy CyclingPeaks/TrainingPeaks WKO (they just renamed it). Much better than the powertap software.

http://www.cyclingpeakssoftware.com/wko/

Tamara Fraser said...

Thanks for the tip --- is it MAC compatible?

Jeff and Debi said...

Nope, but I have a Mac and run it on Vista under Vmware. That adds the cost of Vmware and building a virtual windows machine.

Totally doable, but if you are not geeky you may just opt for the powertap software. It works, just not as nifty as WKO/traininpeaks.

Tamara Fraser said...

Yeah, I've tried my best to avoid Windows, virtual and otherwise. I guess I'm geeky in other ways.