Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I am so sick of snow and cold. At least Saturday and Sunday were temperate and dry enough for outdoor riding--and if only two days in a week are going to be ride-able, I'm glad it was the weekend--but now we're right back in the slushy deep-freeze. It gets me down. Or possibly I just need a nap.

Used my new power meter for the first time this morning. I'm used to being able to see my cadence, HR and time all at once, so it'll take a bit of getting used to to only be able to see one at a time. I wish I could switch the speed display to show cadence. I also wish the unit recorded my max HR. I guess that will be recorded in the downloaded info, so that's fine. I'll adjust. And after I establish a baseline, my coach will have me train using the power output instead of my HR.

Should I get a fluid trainer? My knee is aching right now from a couple hours on the magnetic trainer this morning. [Riding outdoors doesn't cause this pain.] Would a fluid trainer be better? I have to decide by Thursday, if I want the team discount.

I DO need a nap. Yawn.

3 comments:

brianfmorrissey said...

Get a fluid trainer. I noticed a big difference. I got one after my mag trainer broke after two seasons. If anything it's a lot quieter. It does roll much more smoothly. Plus with the team deal it's uber-cheap.

Jeff and Debi said...

1) You need a powertap lesson. I give them free, to teammates.

2) Yes, buy one. You can borrow my Cycleops Fluid2 to try, if you want to try it. I have two trainers and it's my backup, so no hassle at all.

Tamara Fraser said...

Jeff, I DO need a powertap lesson! Thanks. Last night I tried to download the info into the computer, but I couldn't get it to show up in "activities." Arg.

I'd love to borrow your backup trainer to try, but doesn't our deal with cyclops end on 2/28, Thursday? If I'm going to get one, I want to get the discount.

You're a mensch, Jeff! Thanks.

[You're cool too, Brian. Camp is going to be so much FUN you guys!]