Wednesday, May 20, 2009


OK, this was supposed to be a photo of Heidi crossing the line, but I guess iPhones aren't cut out for sports photography. Maybe there's an app for that?

Today was the Fitness Check Time Trial #2. My time was 26.56 -- a 1:35 faster than six weeks ago and 23 seconds faster than last year at this time. Still 11 seconds slower than my PR last July, but I'm not unhappy. Especially as I feel I'm behind in my training.

I felt I went out a little slow. I ride faster when I'm racing someone other than myself. Sighting my minute man and reeling her in helped, but what really spurred me on was when the guy behind me went by and I sped up to chase him -- and found the higher speed well within my capabilities. I have to practice riding faster when there's no one to chase.

No comments: