Monday, May 18, 2009


Got back from Europe last night. Great trip -- really fun. We started in Paris [picture of Jackie and I at Sacre Coeur above -- where the WORST BUSKER IN THE WORLD performed 'Hotel California' phonetically. He's on those steps behind my head].


We took a day trip to Versailles -- rode these comfort bikes around the city and estate. I was thrilled to be on any bike. It was actually sort of a let down to get off and tour the palace. Rococo isn't very exciting. I'm thinking of adopting this kit permanently.


Here's the Eiffel tower.


We watched the end of a couple Giro stages on French TV. Didn't understand much the sportscaster said, but we could follow the action. Then on to Zurich, where we watched more stages of the Giro live in our enormous hotel suite [seriously, four huge rooms, two showers, a front hallway and free in-room breakfast in our dining room]. Still couldn't understand the sportscaster, still enjoyed it thoroughly.


Zurich and Paris were very bike-friendly.


So now I'm back and ready to ride! I feel terribly out of shape and sorta jet-lagged, but it was worth it. While I was away, my bike had a long-overdue overhaul, so it, at least, is on form.

No comments: