Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm hungry. Always so hungry.

Last week I started winter training in earnest -- one-legged drills, spinning drills (I'm better at both than I was last year. Nice to see progress) -- and lots and lots of endurance paced riding. I've been resisting riding the trainer as much as possible, so Saturday I did the team ride despite the extravagantly falling snow. Another xXxer and I rode our cross bikes up to Highland Park and back. It was surprisingly do-able and really fun. The knobby cross tires have little problem with snow-covered roads. Love that bike.

Sunday, I attempted the Lakefront Path. I rode down to Navy Pier on the streets to avoid the whole Oak Street Beach disaster, hopped on the trail at the bridge, but within 1000 feet realized it was a no-go. It hadn't been plowed, but it had been well-used by joggers and was surprisingly treacherous -- especially considering how rideable the roads were on Saturday. I turned around and finished my ride on the dirty, dirty streets.

And now I'm on a rest week. I'm fighting a bug, so the extra sleep is needed. I just wish I weren't always so ravenous.

5 comments:

brianfmorrissey said...

It's only 9:30 and I'm already thinking about lunch.

Tamara Fraser said...

I bought a teapot for work and drink full pots of mint tea between breakfast and lunch, lunch and snack time --- warm liquids are supposed to make you feel fuller.

Jeff and Debi said...

Stop talking about food.

Down 4 pounds, 4 more to go.

Anonymous said...

What do you do about after dinner before you go to bed? That is the real trouble period for me.

Anonymous said...

sorry about the anonymous post--my hunger must have gotten to me.