Monday, April 14, 2008

Well, this wasn't my best weekend on the bike. Saturday was rainy, but I couldn't face 5 hours on the trainer, so I went on the team ride. I got wet. Very wet. But happily, I wasn't suffering from the cold -- unlike the four men who braved the weather with me. Either because I was dressed more appropriately, or as a woman, I naturally carry more body fat than the guys, my feet and hands were comfortable [if sodden]. We were quite the sight, wringing out our gloves at stop lights, squish-squish-squishing with every pedal stroke.

I didn't end up with quite 5 hours, but frankly, I was happy with what I got.

I was planning to race on Sunday, but went out to eat with a friend on Saturday night and had something that didn't agree with me at all. So I decided not to worry about racing on very little sleep and no breakfast. I was pretty bummed about it on Sunday, but there's always next week. I postponed yesterday's ride to today, and am looking forward to a couple hours in the sunny mid- to upper 40 degree weather after work.

At least I'm not tired today. And I had time to organize my pantry so all the boxes of Clif Bars I won last weekend fit.

No comments: