Friday, April 4, 2008

Braaaaiiiiiinsssss . . .

I looked up the official rules for upgrading yesterday. A road race has to be at least 25 miles long to count as a road race. If it's less, then it counts as a crit -- they award fewer points for crits. The number of points depends on the number of racers starting, and as so many women's races have so few racers, and as so many road races for cat 4 women are only one lap [less than 25 miles], accumulating upgrade points gets difficult. Only the top five at Hillsboro will get upgrade points -- our race was only 22 miles, but we had 44 women start.

So both Heidi and Denise get upgrade points [yay].

You need 20 points in a 12 month period to upgrade from cat 4 to cat 3, OR you need ten top ten finishes in races with more than 30 racers.

How many points to I have thus far? It depends if they count the times I raced in the masters category last year. If they do, then I have 3 or 4 points [depends how they count the Proctor RR]. If they don't, I have nada. Alternately, I have 2 top 10 finishes in races with more than 30 racers: Spring Prairie and Proctor RR.

I've got my work cut out for me.

No comments: