Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm back from my fabulous trip to London, Brussels and Amsterdam. It was so much fun, and great to spend an entire week with Jackie.

I fell in LOVE with Amsterdam immediately. There are bikes EVERYWHERE. Thousands and thousands of cyclists. Everyone bikes pretty much everywhere they go. If they didn't put mayonaise on everything, Amsterdam would be perfect.

Still on my 2 weeks off my bike . . . not loving it. Although its so snowy out that I'd be riding indoors on the trainer anyway. I will be soon enough. Ugh. On my trip, we walked everywhere. Its so great being on my feet and active all day --- maybe I should quit my desk job and become a waitress. ha. Now I'm just doing weights and core strength stuff with a little eliptical thrown in. I'd love to get to a cardio kickboxing class, but I've been so busy.

Tomorrow evening is the free pilates class here at work -- I really enjoy it. The instuctor, one of our dance teachers, makes it challenging for everyone, giving harder options to the more advanced. We do my new favorite exercise: get in plank position with your feet on a ball [one of those big balls], then lift your hips and bend so you roll the ball forward until it touches your arms and you are balancing with your hands on the floor and feet flat on the ball, bent in half basically with arms and legs straight up and down. Five or six reps will pretty much do you in.

No comments: