Thursday, December 6, 2007

I bought my plane ticket for training camp in March. Eight days in gorgous San Luis Obispo, riding most of the day and then eating, sleeping and riding again. Its wonderful. I've gone the past two years — the first year, they taught me to draft on the second day [after getting dropped on the moderately paced 30 mile ride on day one]. I knew nothing going in, and learned a ton. The second year, I was a very different rider. I was able to keep up with the fast group for WAY longer than I expected. And discovered that I was a pretty fast descender despite being lighter than the guys.

Can't wait to see how much I've improved this year!

---

I've spent 5 hours this week on the trainer. ugh. The tendon under my left kneecap is a bit inflamed now. Riding outdoors doesn't do it, just the unending monotony of the trainer. I'll be on vacation [and off the bike] next week, but after that I'll have to put together my rollers and learn to use them. It'll be interesting at least. Hopefully not TOO interesting.

No comments: